söndag 30 oktober 2011

Susanne - a member of AnnaPS test group

Susanne – member of AnnaPS test group

We started a test group from the beginning. This group is most valuable for us and also important for us to be able to meet all the different demands from insulin pumps users.

Susanne is one of the members in this group. She has helped us a lot and we are very grateful for her engagement. Susanne is also committed and supports many others diabetic, for e.g. she is very involved in a Facebook group for insulin pump users. Where pump users can share their thoughts, get support and new ideas.

Susanne lives in the municipality of Osthammar with her husband, two sons and their three dogs.

Hi Susanne, you have had your insulin pump for a while. Exactly for how long, and which brand do you have?

I have had my insulin pump since March 2008. For the beginning I had a Cozmo pump and since April this year I have a Medtronic Paradigm Veo Pump.

Why do you prefer to wear an insulin pump instead of using the pen?

I was  not convinced from the beginning  to wear a pump. I was against to have to wear something everyday and it would probably get caught and uncomfortable. I also believed  I would feel more ‘sick’.  Diabetes has never been an obstacle for me. After discussions with others with diabetes and I also gathered more information about wearing an insulin pump, I realized it was my best option for me to wear an insulin pump. I can honestly say, I have NEVER regretted this decision. The pump has given me an even more free life.  I can skip a meal, sleep longer periods, correct the dosage fast when e.g. excercising,  when sick or other special occasions.  There is no risk of a backlash, which happened now and then when I used the pen. Which led to high levels of glucose. With my insulin pump I truly can live the life I want to.

How did you get in touch with AnnaPS?

Well, actually in two ways: my oldest son is a friend of Hanna’s son and my husband worked with Anna’s husband.

What was your first reaction when you heard about : panties with a pocket for insulin pump?

Smart solution. I got very curious and wanted to try a.s.a.p.!

How is to be a member of the test group?

It was exciting to be among the first to try them. Fun to be able participate and to be able to share my opinion about the underwear. I experienced that AnnaPS was really listening to my opinion and me.

We know you like AnnaPS underwear. It would be nice to know what specifically you like about them?

Smart, simple solution. Comfortable quality. To be able to wear my pump in an easy way when I for e.g. wear clothes without pockets.  I can sleep  more comfortably without waking up and look for my pump. The panties with long legs are perfect when wearing a skirt or a dress .

Which are your favorite products?

The panties with long legs and I prefer  the color Soot Black.

We know that you and your mother has several new product ideas and  you are kindly sharing them with us. Which products would you like to see in the future for insulin pumps users?

Underwear without a button. Some smart solution for the bra. I would also like to see a smart product for the small children who wears an insulin pump.

Great to hear and we are glad to tell that we have products both for small children under development and we are also testing a new solution without the push button.

A sincere thank you to Susanne for your comments and commitment!
Boxer panties with pocket for insulin pump


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar